GLOBE Global Learning and Observations to Benefit the Environment
TEREZA AssociationTEREZA Association is a nongovernmental non-profit organization fostering environmental education at schools in the Czech Republic. A partner in the development and piloting of the GLOBE Carbon Cycle materials.
Picture Post is a part of the Digital Earth Watch (DEW) network. DEW supports environmental monitoring by citizens, students and community organizations through digital photography and satellite imagery.
Funded by NASA as part of their NASA Innovations in Climate Education (NICE) initiative to improve the quality of the nation’s STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) education and enhance students’ and teachers’ literacy about global climate and Earth system change.
Other UNH Climate Change and Carbon
Transforming Earth Systems Science Education (TESSE)
- Professional development for current and future teachers
- Opportunities for university faculty and graduate students
to partner with middle and high school teachers to develop
inquiry-based curriculum models that promote an integrated
approach to modern concepts in Earth Science
- Students connected to scientists through Eastern White Pine research
- Engages K-12 students from New England in authentic
science by participation in a Student-Scientist Partnerships
- Citizen action program
- The New Hampshire Carbon Challenge works to educate, inspire and support sustained reductions in residential energy consumption.
Links to further information, teaching resources, and student activities that relate to carbon and climate